Last updated: September 30, 2022
Who we are
How and why we obtain information
We and our service providers may collect personal information and other information about you when you use this Website or any of the Services, and when you interact with us or our service providers regarding this Website or any of the Services. Personal Information means personally identifiable information such as your name, postal and email addresses, and telephone, fax and mobile numbers. Please note that information by which an individual cannot be identiﬁed (for example, anonymous, de-identified, or aggregate information) is not considered personal information and therefore is not subject to this policy.
We or our service providers may collect certain information from any of the following sources, and the information we or they receive from a particular source may be linked or combined with information from other sources:
- You, on applications or forms or in your user profile associated with this Website or any of the Services (for example, name and business contact information)
- You, from your interactions (whether via online or other means) with us or our service providers (for example, communications with customer service staff, or information you enter into this Website or when using any of the Services)
- You, regarding your preferences (for example, managing your communication preferences or for any customizable features of this Website or any of the Services)
- Through the software (e.g. web browsers) and devices that you use to access this Website or any of the Services or other electronic communications from us (for example, device type, browser type, internet protocol address, pages visited on this Website, and time spent on this Website or using the Services)
- Affiliated Companies
- Third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf
- Publicly available sources
- Other sources with your consent
We may use the information we or our service providers collect:
- to allow you to use this Website and the Services, and to facilitate and personalize your interactions and experiences with us
- to service, maintain, and protect your user account associated with this Website or any of the Services, including verifying your identity
- to respond to inquiries from you and fulfill requests from you
- to market and communicate to you and your firm
- to provide and improve this Website and the Services, and develop, offer and deliver other products and services
- for our and other Affiliated Companies’ respective business purposes, such as reporting, planning and analytical purposes, and training and quality control purposes
- to detect and prevent fraudulent, malicious or illegal activity, for risk control and mitigation purposes, and to fulfill legal, judicial, contractual and regulatory requirements
- in connection with corporate business transactions, such as a merger, joint venture, corporate reorganization or sale of a business
- to enable integrations with third party products and platforms that you elect to use
How we protect information about you
We employ physical, electronic and procedural controls to protect personal information and we regularly adapt these controls to respond to changing requirements and advances in technology. We use firewall barriers, encryption techniques and authentication procedures, among other controls, to maintain the security of your online session with this Website, protect our systems and guard against unauthorized access to your account associated with this Website.
How we share information about you with our affiliates
We may share information about you, including personal information, with various Affiliated Companies that are providing services to us, such as administrative, business and data processing services. In addition, we may share information about you with Affiliated Companies for use in their businesses, including developing, marketing, offering and delivering their products and services.
How we share information about you with third parties
We do not share information we collect about you with unaffiliated third parties for their use in marketing their products and services. We may share certain information with the following entities:
- Unaffiliated service providers and other third parties with which we or our Affiliated Companies have a business relationship;
- Government agencies, other regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials;
- Other organizations conducting research or performing academic or similar activities;
- Other third parties, as directed by you;
- Other organizations as permitted or required by law (for example, for fraud prevention or to respond to a subpoena); and
- The investment firm(s) you are affiliated with.
Our unaffiliated service providers are obligated to keep the personal information we share with them confidential and use it only to provide the services specified by us.
Our Website and Services may have links to third party sites. If you choose to use or indicate your interest in using a product, service or investment offering that is offered by a third party and made available through Catchlight, we may share personal information with that third party in connection with your use or interest of that product, service or investment offering.
Cookies and similar technologies
Advertising on Non-Catchlight Digital Offerings
Catchlight and these third-party online advertising companies may use the data collected, along with other information we have about you and your Catchlight relationships, to serve relevant ads to you. The advertisements may be relevant to your interests, as determined by your activity on Catchlight and non-Catchlight websites. These advertisements are known as "interest-based advertisements".
You may opt-out of receiving interest-based advertisements from online advertising companies, including those used by Catchlight, by clicking on the AdChoices icon and following the opt-out instructions.
If you generally want to “opt out” of receiving online interest-based advertisements on your internet browser from advertisers and third parties that participate in a self-regulatory programs like the Digital Advertising Alliance DAA program or the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI), please follow the instructions at WebChoices: Digital Advertising Alliance's Consumer Choice Tool for Web US (aboutads.info) and NAI Consumer Opt Out (networkadvertising.org) to place an “opt-out” cookie on your device indicating that you do not want to receive interest-based advertisements. If you want to “opt out” of receiving online interest-based advertisements on mobile devices, please follow the instructions at YourAdChoices.com | AppChoices and Mobile Opt Out - NAI: Network Advertising Initiative (thenai.org).
Connecting with Catchlight on social media platforms